Welcome to the Counseling Department!
New Students: Please leave your first name, last name, grade level, and prior school to get the scheduling process started.Withdrawing Students: Please leave your first name, last name, grade and school or city, state you are moving to get the withdrawl process started.**COUNSELING DEPARTMENT IS WORKING REMOTELY THIS FALL 2020**To schedule a meeting with your academic counselor please go to this link here: https://go.oncehub.com/
SMHSCounselingSMHS COUNSELING FALL 2020:12th Grade Counselor: Andrea Booth email@example.com Grade Counselor: Jane Zimmerman firstname.lastname@example.org Grade Counselor: Francisco Gil email@example.com Grade Counselor: Georgiana Watson firstname.lastname@example.orgELD Counselor: Daniela Galvan email@example.comCounseling Staff Assistant: Tammy Maldonado firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease check our website for the latest updates and information pertaining to the 2020-2021 school year here: https://www.smuhsd.org/ Page/19For Transcripts: Mr. Gee: email@example.com 558-2319
Courses Outside of SMHS Pre-Approval ProcessThe San Mateo Union High School District has temporarily shifted policies related to student enrollment in programs outside of their traditional course offerings.
Students and families are responsible for the following:
- Ensuring outside programs are offered through WASC Accredited institutions and are UC A-G approved.
- Covering the cost of tuition fees and related expenses/requirements.
- Students with 504 or IEPs are responsible for sharing their plan with the institution to discuss whether the program is able to implement the plan. The district is not responsible for providing accoundations or support for courses outside of our district.
- Submitting an official transcript to the school site’s SDA upon completion of the course. Failure to do so may put your graduation status at risk. 12th grade students in their spring semester must submit evidence of course completion by two days before graduation day in order to be included in the ceremony.
SMUHSD will not transfer credit from an accredited institution to the high school transcript under the following conditions:
- The course has not received pre-approval and does not fall within one of the conditions below.
- The course is taken for enrichment, but is not needed for graduation or college entrance.
- The course exceeds the 40 credit limit (BP-AR-E-6141.11).
[3 C.C. units = 5 H.S. credits / 5 C.C. units = 10 H.S. credits]
- The course is not from an Accredited institution and/or is not A-G approved.
Appropriate Credit Approval (ACA):
- Due to circumstances related to COVID-19
- Make up a course.
- Part of an approved early graduation plan.
- Language not offered at high school.
- Compelling academic need for a course as detailed in a 4-year plan.
This policy is not retroactive. Any course work completed before August 17, 2020 will not be added to a student’s high school transcript unless it was approved in advance of taking the course.Please complete the following forms to request pre-approval for any courses offered outside of SMUHSD:
Administrative Assistant - Counseling
firstname.lastname@example.orgDaniela Galvan Fonseca
(650) 558-2351Counseling Department Co-Chair
Counselor for English LanguageDevelopment (E.L.D.) 1-3 andMainstreamed E.L.D. students
Counselor for Class of 2024
Counseling Department Co-Chair
Counselor for Class of 2021
Counselor for Class of 2022
Counselor for Class of 2023