Here at Mills High School, we strive to provide the best services to all our stakeholders.
In order to best serve our students, we need your help and participation in a variety of ways. Parent participation is a necessity to be able to offer the high quality high school experience that each of our students deserve during the four year experience at Mills. The Mills Community offers a number of ways to get involved to strengthen our vision and our experiences for students. Please consider the following parent participation opportunities and commit your time to supporting our school:
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) ~ This organization is the umbrella of our parent participation at Mills. We would like to welcome Antonio Catpo as our 2019 to 2020 president. There are many opportunities to help the PTO as a parent volunteer prior to this date including volunteering. Visit the PTO tab for more information
- Mills Music and Arts Group (MMAG) ~ The MMAG is the cornerstone of our music program at Mills High School. We want to continue to offer the annual Disneyland Trip to our music students and to host the annual C.M.E.A. (California Music Education Association) festival in May. Our band director, David Gregoric, will need parent help and support to continue to make these events happen and to build our music program for our students.
- Drama Guild ~ Each year we see an increasing number of students participate in our Drama program and our Fall Play and Spring Musical. These events would not be as successful if it wasn’t for the dedicated group of parents that help us organize these events each year. The Drama Guild seeks support from parents in any way they can help– from procuring our prop list to teaching students how to run our state-of-the-art lighting and sound system. We are fortunate to have dedicated staff and faculty to spearhead our Drama program, and they need your support.
- School Site Council ~ Also known as Mills Planning Committee (MPC), a decision-making body comprised of teachers, staff, students, administration and parents, provides input for our Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) and assists in guiding our overall vision and mission as a school. MPC meets on the second Wednesday of every month.
- ELAC (English Learner Advisory Committee) ~ ELAC is an advisory committee that advises the principal on recommendations for improving our services for students that speak English as a second language in the school setting. ELAC advises the School Site Council, ensuring that the needs and development of English Language Learners are at the forefront of our efforts. We are looking for your input and for volunteers to serve on our District ELAC. Email Vilma Olivera at email@example.com for more information.
- Latino Parent Group ~ Latino parents meet monthly to discuss issues of common interest around supporting our Latino students. Email Vilma Olivera at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.