Mills High School
Saturday, January 26th, 4pm - 6pm
Join us for some music, a short presentation on Mills at 60, food, and drinks in your favorite outfit from your favorite decade (late 50’s to the 21st Century).
Current students, families, alumni, and friends of Mills welcome!
Kindly RSVP by 1/7/19:
Entrance Fee: FREE, Donations to the Mills Annual Fund are Welcome
Proudly hosted by the Mills High School Parent Teacher Organization
Here at Mills High School, strive to provide the best services to all our stakeholders.
In order to best serve our students, we need your help and participation in a variety of ways. Parent participation is a necessity to be able to offer the high quality high school experience that each of our students deserve during the four year experience at Mills. The Mills Community offers a number of ways to get involved to strengthen our vision and our experiences for students. Please consider the following parent participation opportunities and commit your time to supporting our school:
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) of Mills High School ~ This organization is the umbrella of our parent participation at Mills. We are fortunate to have Joy Henry returning as our 2018 to 2019 Parent president. Our first meeting will be a Parent Teacher Organization Potluck on Wednesday, August 29th, at 6pm in our Cafeteria. However, there are many opportunities to help the PTO as a parent volunteer prior to this date including volunteering to help with registration during August 9th-10th and our annual Teacher Luncheon on Monday, August 13th.
- Mills Music and Arts Group (MMAG) ~ The Mills Music and Arts Group is the cornerstone of our music program at Mills High School. We want to continue to offer the annual Disneyland Trip to our music students and to host the annual C.M.E.A. (California Music Education Association) festival in May. Our band director, David Gregoric, will need parent help and support to continue to make these events happen and to build our music program for our students.
- Drama Guild ~ Each year we see an increasing number of students participate in our Drama program and our Fall Play and Spring Musical. These events would not be as successful if it wasn’t for the dedicated group of parents that help us organize these events each year. The Drama Guild seeks support from parents in any way they can help– from procuring our prop list to teaching students how to run our state-of-the-art lighting and sound system. We are fortunate to have dedicated staff and faculty to spearhead our Drama program, and they need your support.
- Mills Planning Committee (MPC)/School Site Council ~ The Mills Planning Committee, a decision-making body comprised of teachers, staff, students, administration and parents that provides input for our Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) and assists in guiding our overall vision and mission as a school. The committee that meets on the second Wednesday of every month.
- ELAC (English Learner Advisory Committee) ~ The English Learner Advisory Committee is an advisory committee that advises the principal and staff on on recommendations for improving our services for students that speak and learn English as a second language in the school setting. This English Learner Advisory Committee advises the School Site Council on the Single Plan for Student Achievement, advocating and ensuring that the needs and development of English Language Learners are at the forefront of our efforts. Our first English Learner Advisory Committee meeting will be Tuesday, October 2, at 5:30 in the school library. We are looking for your input and for volunteers to serve on our District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC). Please reach out to her at email@example.com for more information.
- Latino Parent Group ~ This parent group is comprised of our Hispanic/Latino parents and meets monthly to discuss issues of common interest around supporting our Hispanic/Latino students. The group is coordinated by our parent coordinator, Vilima Olivera. Please reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the group and meetings.