What is the GED?
The GED is a test that measures your knowledge and skills in four different subject areas: Reasoning Through Language Art, Mathematical Reasoning, Social Studies, and Science. Students who pass all four tests receive a High School Diploma Equivalency certificate. To prepare students to pass the GED, it is recommended students register in our GED Program to take GED Prep classes where they will receive guided instruction, complete class work, and take practice tests to prepare for the real GED tests.
Classes are free of charge!
The San Mateo Adult School is an official GED Test Site:
- To take the test you must be within 60 days of your 18th birthday
- Tests can be given only in the state where you legally reside
- Government-issued photo identification must be presented as part of the test admission process
- GED test registration must be completed online at GED.com
- Registration must occur at least 24 hours before the first test.
- Tests are given on Wednesday evenings throughout the academic year (closed during holidays and semester breaks)
- Cost is $35 per exam or $140 for all four exams
- Applications for special needs accommodations can be found on the GED.com website. GED.com determines eligibility for accommodations
For more information call 650-558-2116.
El examén de GED ahora podra tomarlo/hacerlo en español. Para más informacion llamar 650-558-2116.