Welcome to the Library!
We are the hub of the school for learning and collaboration! Our staff is here to help you become academically and socially responsible students, as well as life-long learners.
Library Rules of Conduct
The Library is a resource for all members of the Burlingame High School community. Its purpose is to provide information resources, academic support, and a learning environment for all Burlingame High School students. Any behavior that disrupts the Library's ability to provide a safe and welcoming environment shall be grounds for immediate action. Follow-up may include being asked to leave the library, barring future admission, or referral to an Assistant Principal.
- Be respectful & considerate of the Library's space and all students/staff in it.
- All students must scan in at the circulation desk when using the library except for mornings and during brunch.
- Passes are required when visiting the library during class time.
- Students need to have their school IDs to check out books from the library.
- All students must be seated at the tables/computer lab - no standing groups in the library to avoid crowding.
- Textbooks are available for "in library use only"
- Fiction and Non-Fiction books are checked out for three school weeks, not counting holidays.
- If a book is lost or damaged, the replacement cost will be the fine due.
- Only ONE student per computer while in the computer lab area. For groups, please use laptops.
- Computer usage is for educational purposes only - not entertainment.
- Students can print up to ten pages per day at no cost.
- A copy machine is available to students at no cost.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Library.
- 7th Period and after school (the Academic Center) is considered a STUDY ZONE. Students who come into the library during 7th period/office hours will be expected to work quietly, whether individually or in a group.**
** The purpose of this policy is to be considerate of all who come into the library desiring a space to work and study. It is our job to provide this space where everyone can work without disturbance. Please keep this in mind each time you come into the library. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in making this possible!
Burlingame High School Student Success Center
Need help in your classes?
Come to the Student Academic Success Center to get help from a tutor or work on homework. We are in the library during 7th period and after school until 5:00pm Monday through Thursday and until 4:30 on Fridays! Students are welcome to drop in any time. Peer tutors are available to help with math, science, social science, English, and world languages.
Interested in becoming a tutor?
We are always recruiting tutors - and you can earn community service credits by helping your peers!