Facilities Use

  • The San Mateo Union High School District makes school and athletic facilities available for rent when they are not being used for educational purposes.  The District’s Facilities Use Department manages the rental of these spaces for everything from community fundraisers to cultural events and youth sporting events.

    How to Rent a Facility

    All outside groups must apply for and obtain an approved permit in order to use a school facility. The process is as follows:

    • Step 1: Renter submits a request for dates and times at a specific school and a specific facility. 
    • Step 2: The request is submitted to the school site for approval.   
    • Step 3: Once the school approves the dates and times, the renter pays for the permit and provides proof of insurance coverage. 
    • Step 4: Upon receipt of payment and insurance, the Facilities Use team issues an Approved Permit to the renter. 

    Obtain a facility use permit.

    Need a Theater Venue for your Event?

    Choose from two Performing Arts Centers and six theaters.

    Learn more about SMUHSD’s theater venues including technical specifications.

    The cost to rent a theater includes Theater Rental Fees, Equipment Rental Fees and Staffing Fees. Before considering our theaters, please review our Theater Terms and Conditions. For more information on fees and rentals, please contact our staff.

    Facilities Use Update

    Approved Facilities Use Rates for the 2024-2025 Fiscal Year will go into effect on July 1, 2024:

    A service fee of 3.5% will be charged for credit card payments. There is no service fee when paying by check. Checks can be mailed to or dropped off at:

    San Mateo Union High School District
    Attn: Facilities Use
    839 Hinckley Rd.
    Burlingame, CA 94010

Facilities Contacts

  • Charlie Royce
    General Manager of Facilities Use
    Off on Mondays

    Kevin Sanchez
    Facilities Use Manager
    Handles: Non-theater facilities

    Josh Grush

    Auditorium Manager
    Handles: Performing Arts Centers and Theaters

    Andrea Hadley
    Accounting Technician
    Handles: Financial transactions