Student Logo Design Contest - 2019
The San Mateo Union High School District is looking for innovative student graphic designers to create a new District logo. When developing a design, students should consider the District's rich 100+ year history as well as what makes our District unique. Where do we excel? What images do you feel represent our values?
The San Mateo Union High School District educates approximately 9,000 students who live in the cities of Foster City, San Mateo, Burlingame, Hillsborough, Millbrae and San Bruno. Our schools are: Aragon, Burlingame, Capuchino, Hillsdale, Mills, Peninsula, San Mateo, and San Mateo Adult School.
Design Considerations and Specifications
- Submit a color and black and white version of your design
- Your design should look good scaled to different sizes (from a business card - 3.5 inches wide by 2 inches tall - or on the side of a District van)
- All designs should be original work, and should not include elements from other sources
- Artwork and statements submitted to the District become property of the District
- All submissions should include a short paragraph describing the thought process behind your design
Deadline and Timelines
- All designs should be submitted via email to Laura Chalkley (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a high resolution, large format jpg or png file by December 13 at 4 p.m.
- All semi-finalists will be recognized by the Board of Trustees at a Board Meeting and will be highlighted on the District website, District enewsletters and on District social media.
- The winner's logo will become the new District logo
- Winning student will receive $500 stipend
Contact Laura Chalkley, SMUHSD Manager of Communications
email@example.com | 650-558-2202
By submitting a design or other work for the San Mateo Union High School District logo contest, student (including student’s parent or guardian) thereby assigns to the School District any and all rights and interest of any kind, including intellectual property rights, which student has or may in the future have in or to the design or work.