Skip To Main Content

Request Special Education Records

Request Special Education Records

All requests for records on students who were served in special education at the San Mateo Union High School District should be sent to

All requests must be in writing and should provide the student's full legal name and date of birth.

Students and parents may also come into the District Office to fill out a request form. If the student is 18 years of age or older, the student is a legal adult and must request their own records unless a parent is provided with written permission from the student in which you are to provide this letter to the district clerk.

The District, by law, must respond to parent requests for records within five (5) business days. If a request is received after school hours, the date of the request will be the next business day.