AP Exam Registration 2020
The AP exam registration window is now open. The College Board requires students who are enrolled in an AP course, and intend to participate in the AP Exams in May 2021, to register, pay, and commit to taking the exam during the fall semester. To ensure accurate and timely processing of all AP test registrations, the deadline to register and pay for taking AP exams at San Mateo High School is Friday, October 30, 2020.
The College Board intends to provide in-person exams this year; however, this decision will be re-evaluated in January 2021 depending on COVID-19 health and safety guidelines. Testing begins Monday, May 3, 2021 and runs through Friday, May 14, 2021.
Here is the general timeline for San Mateo High School:
- October 30th: Deadline to complete online registration, submit payment, and request financial aid.
- Fees: $100 per exam ($5 per exam if enrolled in Free & Reduced Lunch Program)
- November 13th: The College Board begins $40 add/drop late fee per exam.
- January 29st: Registration officially closes. No additional exams will be ordered or refunds issued.
Students will need to use and navigate two online systems:
- The College Board Website (myap.collegeboard.org): Students will log into their College Board account to confirm they are taking the exam and use this platform for the online learning tools.
- Total Registration (https://user.totalregistration.net/AP/53175): Students will log into their account to register and pay for the exams, indicate if they qualify for fee reductions, and request to use approved SSD accommodations.
**AP exams will only be ordered for students who currently attend San Mateo High School.**
AP Registration Workshop for SMHS students: Tuesday, September 22nd, 2:00-3:00 (ZOOM Link)
If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to your AP teacher, academic counselor, or Mr. Holtz.