Skip To Main Content

Work Permits

If you are under 18 and need a NEW Work Permit OR if you are RENEWING your Work Permit, please read the directions below: 

To obtain a work permit: 

    1. Download, Print and Complete the B1-1 Request for Work Permit document. 
      • Students fill out the minor's information and school section.
      • A parent or guardian must read and sign their section.
      • The employer fills out and signs their section.
    2. When the application is complete, please bring it to your school office.
      • If you are a private school student, please call 650-558-2253 to make an appointment.

Please make sure the form is complete with all required signatures in order to avoid delays.  

Some campuses may be closed for construction during Summer 2024. Please contact the following people if you need assistance:

Aragon: Dounia Kardosh,

Burlingame: Lauren Rosaia, or Carrie Hermann,

Capuchino: Scott Rogge, or Sandra Rogge, 

Hillsdale: Laura Burtness, or Isabel Villalobos,

Mills: Johnson Huynh,

Peninsula: Lorenzo Hockaday, 

San Mateo: Nancy Kane, or Jinning Gee,


Sign that says: Work Permit

Know Your Rights

Download the Know Your Rights flyer that includes information on minimum wage, tips, sick leave, breaks and more. 

Learn more from the UC Berkeley Labor Center.